Each year thousands of visitors come to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico because of the excellent climate and to enjoy its numerous beautiful beaches. It doesn’t matter what you are in the mood for… you can find it all in Cabo. Visitors rave over the amazing restaurants in the area that range from casual to upscale authentic Mexican and International cuisine. Cabo San Lucas is also a shopper’s paradise due to the designer brands and arts and crafts available. When visitors want to get away from Cabo for a day, they can also do that by exploring quaint neighboring towns that have tons of charm. Want to learn more? We have provided the top 5 best day trips in Cabo below.
- 1. Best Day Trips in Cabo – Santiago, Mexico
- One of the best day trips in Cabo is going to Santiago, Mexico. This charming town is located just twenty-three miles from the Los Cabos International Airport. Santiago was first founded in 1723 as the “Mision de Santiago el Apostol”. When you arrive in Santiago, you will want to go to the museum, which is located next to the church. You and your family will get to see fossils that were found locally, interesting exhibits and colonial-era artifacts. The Santiago Museum is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am through 1:00 pm. There is no admission fee, which makes this exploration even better for those traveling on a budget. Santiago is also surrounded by thousands of palm trees, hundreds of fruit orchards, and many farms. The reason there are so many palm trees grown there is that the palm leaves are sourced for palapa roof construction. Visitors will also see an abundance of grapefruit, mango, and orange fruit orchards. When you get hungry for a bite to eat, you will want to make sure that you eat at one of the family-operated restaurants in Santiago. You will love the delicious authentic Mexican cuisine. There’s nothing better than relaxing after your belly is full of delicious foods, and you can do that at one of the popular hot springs, that is located on the southern edge of the town. The Santa Rita, Agua Caliente, and El Chorro springs are three of the top hot springs to visit.
- 2. Best Day Trips in Cabo – La Paz, Mexico
- Approximately 250,000 people call La Paz, the capital city of Baja California Sur State, their home. La Paz’s population has steadily increased since the early 2000s, and La Paz provides one of the best standards of living and security in the entire country of Mexico. For this day trip from Cabo, you will want to head out early so you can stop at some of the coastal villages that are found along the way to La Paz. When you arrive in La Paz, make sure to take time to stroll along with the well-known and popular Malecon Boardwalk and explore the La Paz Historical Center. The architecture and stunning Bahia de La Paz’s views will no doubt impress.
- 3. Best Day Trips in Cabo – Miraflores, Mexico
- Approximately thirty miles from the Los Cabos Airport, is the quaint and charming town of Miraflores. This charming and sleepy village is surrounded by ranches and organic farms, and the town is located at the bottom of the Sierra Laguna Mountains. While you are visiting Miraflores you will want to stop at some of the genuine old leather workshops that are located on the roadside as you enter Miraflores. You will be able to purchase unique and one-of-a-kind leather goods that are all handmade locally. You can also purchase numerous leather goods, such as belts, wallets, and purses. If you are searching for a leather horse saddle for your cowgirl or cowboy, you can do that here as well. After you have completed your leather shopping, you can relax at the hot springs that can be found on the outskirts of town at the bottom of the mountains. You can kick back, destress, and relax in the hot springs here.
- 4. Best Day Trips in Cabo – Todos Santos, Mexico
- At the base of the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains is a small charming town called Todos Santos. You can get to Todos Santos in one hour from Cabo San Lucas. Tourism has greatly increased here because of the wonderful boutiques and shops, art galleries, boutique hotels, upscale dining, and colonial buildings that are fully restored. Large crowds flock to Todos Santos during the Todos Santos Music Festival and the Festival de Cine. While you are visiting this town, you will want to make sure you visit the iconic and favorite landmark, the Hotel California.
- 5.Best Day Trips in Cabo – San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
- Located at the tip of the Baja California Peninsula is San Jose del Cabo. You can get to San Jose del Cabo quickly as it is only 25 miles from Cabo San Lucas. This was the home to Native Indian communities for hundreds of years prior to Spanish Colonization because of its freshwater and palm-lined lagoons. It was also the provision stop for many Spanish sailing vessels that were traveling from the East carrying much-needed spices, silks, and other important goods.
Are you excited to try some of our recommended best day trips in Cabo? Which places do you want to visit first?