It may be the case that you are thinking about downsizing upon retirement. If this is the case, you will want to know what your options are, and all the pros and cons of those options before you make a choice. Might we suggest a luxury apartment complex in Mexico?
Luxury Apartment Living in Later Life for Retirement
Not only will you find that the properties are much more reasonably priced, to the point that you might be tempted to upsize, but the cost of living is much more affordable too! What’s more you’ll find it’s possible to retain independence to a greater degree for much longer as the maid and handyman services here are cheaper. This means you will not have to do any of those small cleaning and DIY jobs.
If you’d like to know if luxury apartment living is going to be right for you in later life you can consult this list of the main pros and cons of living in a luxury apartment complex.
- Maid, Gardening and Handyman services are much more affordable in Mexico.
- 24 hour security is common in luxury apartment complexes.
- Luxury facilities such as gyms, pools, restaurants, and spas will generally be available and be wheelchair accessible.
- You will find yourself surrounded by like-minded people with whom you can find a sense of community.
- Maintenance costs will be shared among all residents.
- The most luxurious of complexes will generally offer concierge services so you’ll always have the support you need without having to wait for family in other countries to be available.
- Last, but not least by any means…. No need to take the stairs!
- You will have to pay some maintenance fees.
- Some complexes may not be in walking distance of large supermarkets etc as they are in exclusive neighbourhoods.
- No chance of a personal garden, though there may be a communal space.
- Parking for visitors may be scarce or incur a fee.